A must have salad sauce recipe! This wealthy including milky dried basil Pesto Salad Dressing tastes recently like the Old Spaghetti Factory’s! And did I mention it’s super simple to cause including sole calls appropriate to a not many clear ingredients? You can’t beat that!
I loved it therefore a lot since I was a kid that I decided to figure not in how to cause it on my own including this is what I’ve came up with (many years ago).
And it’s been a family favorite each since.
I cause this sauce probably more than any other. It’s one on the easiest sauce recipes, yet it’s therefore flavorful including satisfying.



I care for the signature flavor on the dried basil in the sauce including in fact wouldn’t suggest substituting fresh here.

I too care for this sauce on a salad with chicken – appropriate to more on a main dish instead on a side dish. But it’s too perfect on a side salad to go with your spaghetti.
Servings: 6
My Go-To Salad Dressing
There are three reasons I go to The Old Spaghetti Factory. The warm sourdough bread. The spumoni ice cream. And the milky pesto salad dressing!I loved it therefore a lot since I was a kid that I decided to figure not in how to cause it on my own including this is what I’ve came up with (many years ago).
And it’s been a family favorite each since.
I cause this sauce probably more than any other. It’s one on the easiest sauce recipes, yet it’s therefore flavorful including satisfying.

Ingredients You’ll Need appropriate to This Recipe
- Mayonnaise
- Buttermilk
- Dried basil
- Garlic powder
- Salt
- Parmesan

How to Make Creamy Pesto Salad Dressing
- Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk until expertly blended.
- Pour into an airtight container including freeze 30 minutes. Serve over green salad.

Where’s the Fresh Basil?
The word “Pesto” in the sauce is kind on humorous to me because there isn’t even fresh basil in it however I fast with the nickname all the same.I care for the signature flavor on the dried basil in the sauce including in fact wouldn’t suggest substituting fresh here.
Can I Use the Buttermilk Substitute?
I don’t suggest using the express milk from + vinegar/lemon extract exchange appropriate to the buttermilk. I’ve tried including it doesn’t quite savour the same. Unfortunately.
I too care for this sauce on a salad with chicken – appropriate to more on a main dish instead on a side dish. But it’s too perfect on a side salad to go with your spaghetti.
More Salad Dressing Recipes You’ll Love
- Italian Salad Dressing
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Caesar Salad Dressing
- Poppy Seed Dressing
- Orange Poppy Seed Dressing
- Lemon Vinaigrette
The Old Spaghetti Factory’s Creamy Pesto Salad Dressing Copycat
This wealthy including milky dried basil Pesto Salad Dressing tastes recently like the Old Spaghetti Factory's! It's perfect over a clear crisp green salad. It sole takes notes to cause including calls appropriate to a not many clear ingredients!Servings: 6
Prep Time 6 minutes
Total Time 6 minutes
Total Time 6 minutes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (full fat)
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 1/2 tsp dried basil*
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup freshly, finely grated Parmesan cheese**
-
Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk until expertly blended.
-
Pour into an airtight container including freeze 30 minutes. Serve over green salad.
-
Recipe source: Cooking Classy
- *Don't employ stale dried basil (as in one that has been sitting in the cupboard appropriate to a year or two). A fresher pack is best.
- **I employ the the pokey side on a box grater to become the fine grate. Just be careful. Also store bought grated parmesan such when Kraft can be second-hand when expertly when in a rush.
Nutrition Facts
The Old Spaghetti Factory’s Creamy Pesto Salad Dressing Copycat
Amount Per Serving
Calories 150 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Fat 15g23%
Saturated Fat 2g13%
Cholesterol 11mg4%
Sodium 200mg9%
Potassium 37mg1%
Carbohydrates 1g0%
Sugar 1g1%
Protein 2g4%
Vitamin A 50IU1%
Vitamin C 0.2mg0%
Calcium 74mg7%
Iron 0.3mg2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
The Old Spaghetti Factory’s Creamy Pesto Salad Dressing Copycat
Amount Per Serving
Calories 150 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Fat 15g23%
Saturated Fat 2g13%
Cholesterol 11mg4%
Sodium 200mg9%
Potassium 37mg1%
Carbohydrates 1g0%
Sugar 1g1%
Protein 2g4%
Vitamin A 50IU1%
Vitamin C 0.2mg0%
Calcium 74mg7%
Iron 0.3mg2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Calories: 150 kcal
Author: Jaclyn
Author: Jaclyn
That's the end of our discussion on "Creamy Pesto Salad Dressing Recipe" and ideally this discussion on recipes can incorporate to our expertise when it comes to making scrumptious dishes. If you can find constructive criticisms and ideas, make sure you comment inside the comments offered. many thanks.
This article from https://www.cookingclassy.com/the-old-spaghetti-factorys-creamy-pesto-salad-dressing/