These Breakfast Potatoes own a completely tender including wet interior, accompanied by a gorgeously browned crunchy exterior. They also own lately the correct lot about spice including flavor. And they depart from each one longing more!
Easy Breakfast Potatoes
If you’ve been following my blog intended a while, you’ve perhaps noticed through nowadays breakfast is kind about my thang. I care for a delicious breakfast meal served up any time about day.I mentioned earlier than how I’ve posted all these chief entrees intended breakfast however I’ve never posted the sides I serve accompanied by them.
I’ve been creation these fried breakfast potatoes intended years, so I hope I can declare I’ve perfected the recipe. I’ve tried different cooking methods, different oils, played accompanied by seasonings, including nowadays on this spot are — the exact results I was looking for.
For the breakfast potato seasoning, you can employ plain aged salt including flavour (if you wish for to be present boring), or you can count up some pizzazz accompanied by the delicious spice mix listed.
I hope you care for these breakfast potatoes — including maybe even cause them while often while I perform (I cause them at meanest once a week, at times even three).
Breakfast Potatoes Ingredients
These are relatively dry breakfast potatoes including relatively fried breakfast potatoes. To get the correct flavor, you only miss 3 simple ingredients:- Russet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Herb spice (I’ve included the exact recipe intended this spice mix within the recipe card below)
How to Make Breakfast Potatoes
- Preheat stove to 400 degrees F.
- Prep the potatoes, then bake intended 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven, then refrigerate overnight.
- The later day, dice the chilled potatoes into cubes.
- Heat olive grease above average heat. Once hot, spill diced potatoes into the hot oil. Sprinkle accompanied by herb spice including toss to coat.
- Cook the potatoes up to they begin to thinly brown supported by the bottom.
Do I Need to Peel the Potatoes?
No, these easy breakfast potatoes flavour leading accompanied by the skin on, within my opinion. The skin gets additional crispy when fried, which is the leading part!Do I Have to Use the Herb Seasoning Specified within the Recipe?
No, you can employ whatever spice mix you prefer. Or you can keep things excellent simple including employ lately salt including pepper.
How to Reheat Breakfast Potatoes
These breakfast potatoes are leading enjoyed correct away, while they get sodden above time. But assuming you own leftovers, I recommend reheating them within a skillet accompanied by a little olive oil. The potatoes won’t completely crunchy up, however they’ll still flavour good.Tips intended the Best Breakfast Potatoes
- Pre-bake the potatoes — If they are cooked midway earlier than you fry them, then they don’t end up below cooked within the middle.
- Leave the skins supported by when dicing — Less be employed (no peeling necessary), more flavour including more vitamins. With that said why wouldn’t you?
- Olive grease was my favorite grease intended frying — I’ve tried butter, bacon fat including vegetable grease including olive grease is where it’s at. Not only perform the potatoes flavour more completely fried accompanied by olive grease however they are more completely intended you.
- Season generously — I’m not saying above salt your potatoes, I’m saying a little flavor goes a extended way. I care for the flavors that garlic including onion powder count up to these. Alternately assuming you care for Potatoes O’Brian you could count up diced onion, including diced green including red bell pepper.
- Cover potatoes accompanied by a lid while frying — This helps the potatoes maintain some about the water while well while serving them evenly cook through.
- Don’t over-stir — If you stir too often, you won’t get the completely bright edges. Just hold that about flipping a pancake, you don’t wish for to flip it earlier than it’s golden, it’s the same accompanied by breakfast potatoes, you shouldn’t “flip” them up to they are golden.
- Serve immediately — Potatoes get sodden after sitting too extended after cooking. It’s a silly thing, however I always get frustrated when people are late intended a breakfast meal I’m serving. Breakfast meals/sides aren’t nearly while great cold or reheated. This includes breakfast potatoes.
The Best Breakfast Potatoes
These Breakfast Potatoes are completely bright brown including crunchy supported by the outside including wet including fluffy supported by the inside. They own a delicious flavor that determination depart from each one longing more!Servings: 5
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 5 small Russet Potatoes (total mass should be present about 1.5 lbs)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 - 2 tsp Herb Seasoning , to flavour (recipe can be present found below)
-
Preheat stove to 400 degrees. Meanwhile rinse including scour potatoes then pierce every potato some times accompanied by a fork. Bake potatoes within preheat stove intended 35 minutes. Remove from oven, allow to cold 30 record then refrigerate overnight (alternately you could dice including cook potatoes immediately, I've lately found it's more convenient to bake them ahead about time when I'm before creation dry potatoes intended dinner or scorching another dish. Also, potatoes seem to cut cleaner assuming they've been chilled).
-
Dice chilled potatoes into 1/2" cubes. Pour olive grease into a large non-stick skillet including cook above average heat. Once hot, carefully spill diced potatoes into hot oil. Immediately sprinkle accompanied by Herb Seasoning then toss potatoes accompanied by a cook demonstration spatula. Cover pot accompanied by lid including cook potatoes, stirring each few record while they begin to thinly brown supported by bottom, about 8 - 12 record up to potatoes own reached desired tenderness. Serve immediately.
1. Herb Seasoning Recipe
2. Sometimes I like to sprinkle them accompanied by a few tablespoons about Parmesan cheese after frying. Or they are great accompanied by ketchup.
2. Sometimes I like to sprinkle them accompanied by a few tablespoons about Parmesan cheese after frying. Or they are great accompanied by ketchup.
Nutrition Facts
The Best Breakfast Potatoes
Amount Per Serving
Calories 202 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Fat 10g15%
Saturated Fat 1g6%
Sodium 7mg0%
Potassium 567mg16%
Carbohydrates 24g8%
Fiber 1g4%
Protein 2g4%
Vitamin C 7.8mg9%
Calcium 18mg2%
Iron 1.2mg7%
* Percent Daily Values are based supported by a 2000 calorie diet.
The Best Breakfast Potatoes
Amount Per Serving
Calories 202 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Fat 10g15%
Saturated Fat 1g6%
Sodium 7mg0%
Potassium 567mg16%
Carbohydrates 24g8%
Fiber 1g4%
Protein 2g4%
Vitamin C 7.8mg9%
Calcium 18mg2%
Iron 1.2mg7%
* Percent Daily Values are based supported by a 2000 calorie diet.
Calories: 202 kcal
Author: Jaclyn
Author: Jaclyn
Which is the tip of our dialogue on "The Best Breakfast Potatoes" and hopefully this dialogue on recipes can incorporate to our understanding regarding generating delicious dishes. If you can find constructive criticisms and tips, please remark inside the responses provided. many thanks.
This post was posted in group breakfast quotes, breakfasting, date 16-08-2019, quoted from https://www.cookingclassy.com/perfect-breakfast-potatoes.