Ham and Cheese Salad accompanied by Homemade Ranch Dressing - What do you like to make accompanied by your port over dry ham? I usually toss it in scrambled eggs or omelets, add it to a sandwich or on time I’ll make ham fried rice accompanied by it, however only of my favorite things to do it accompanied by it is to make this easy yet tasty Ham and Cheese Salad. It may not seem like much however accompanied by excellent quality ham (preferably from a port over dry ham) and homemade ranch it it certainly is incredibly delicious!
Normally I habitually chop up (/basically shred up) the leftover ham in a cooking processor for this salad, as mentioned in the recipe, however for picture purposes I thought the small diced cubes force look recently a not much better (not the cooking processor version looks damaging via any means recently not as clean cut I guess).

The cooking processor manner is soooo much faster and strangely enough I think it even tastes a not much better that way, however if you don’t have a cooking processor you can chop it up like therefore (I don’t however recommend buying the packages of small ham cubes at the shop though I’ve tried those before and didn’t like them).

Really the eggs are open here however it’s a large method to make this extra of a main dish salad, making it extra filling. Plus, ham and eggs recently go together therefore why not together in salad? If you don’t plan on having a dry ham anytime in the close hereafter your next best option would likely be present a ham steak.
Also, you can definitely make this salad into a cobb salad, only add chicken and tomatoes as mentioned in the notes below the recipe. I hope your relations loves this salad as much as my relations does!

Normally I habitually chop up (/basically shred up) the leftover ham in a cooking processor for this salad, as mentioned in the recipe, however for picture purposes I thought the small diced cubes force look recently a not much better (not the cooking processor version looks damaging via any means recently not as clean cut I guess).

The cooking processor manner is soooo much faster and strangely enough I think it even tastes a not much better that way, however if you don’t have a cooking processor you can chop it up like therefore (I don’t however recommend buying the packages of small ham cubes at the shop though I’ve tried those before and didn’t like them).

Really the eggs are open here however it’s a large method to make this extra of a main dish salad, making it extra filling. Plus, ham and eggs recently go together therefore why not together in salad? If you don’t plan on having a dry ham anytime in the close hereafter your next best option would likely be present a ham steak.
Also, you can definitely make this salad into a cobb salad, only add chicken and tomatoes as mentioned in the notes below the recipe. I hope your relations loves this salad as much as my relations does!

Print
A main dish salad that you'll crave once more and again! It's the perfect use for port over ham. Layered accompanied by crisp iceberg lettuce, shredded cheeses, hard boiled eggs and a simple homemade ranch dressing. So delicious!
Servings: 4
A main dish salad that you'll crave once more and again! It's the perfect use for port over ham. Layered accompanied by crisp iceberg lettuce, shredded cheeses, hard boiled eggs and a simple homemade ranch dressing. So delicious!
Servings: 4
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 2 cups shredded or cubed ham*
- 4 large eggs, hard boiled, peeled and sliced
- 24 oz iceberg lettuce blend
- 3/4 cup (3 oz) mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup (3 oz) medium or slight cheddar cheese
Homemade ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I used 1/4 mug illumination 1/4 mug regular)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, then extra as needed
- 2 1/2 Tbsp finely chopped more Italian parsley
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chopped more chives
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground dark pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt**
-
For the ranch dressing: Whisk together all sauce ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Add extra buttermilk if needed 1 Tbsp at a time to get to desired harmony (it should be present quite thick, not highly runny). Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
-
For the salad: Divide lettuce with 4 great salad bowls. Top accompanied by ham and cheese. Add only sliced gamete to each salad. Drizzle accompanied by ranch and serve immediately after adding dressing.
*My favorite method which I generally habitually make this salad is to chop the ham up into small pieces in a cooking processor, it certainly recently tastes better this way. I chop a leftover dry ham (not honey glazed, recently a regular picnic ham) into chunks or slices then toss into a cooking processor in batches and pulse until it's evenly shredded up into minute bits. If you don't have a cooking processor you can segment it into small cubes like that pictured.
Nutrition Facts
Ham and Cheese Salad accompanied by Homemade Ranch Dressing
Amount Per Serving
Calories 544 Calories from Fat 369
% Daily Value*
Fat 41g63%
Saturated Fat 16g100%
Cholesterol 266mg89%
Sodium 1570mg68%
Potassium 631mg18%
Carbohydrates 10g3%
Fiber 2g8%
Sugar 6g7%
Protein 30g60%
Vitamin A 1925IU39%
Vitamin C 9.1mg11%
Calcium 390mg39%
Iron 2.5mg14%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Ham and Cheese Salad accompanied by Homemade Ranch Dressing
Amount Per Serving
Calories 544 Calories from Fat 369
% Daily Value*
Fat 41g63%
Saturated Fat 16g100%
Cholesterol 266mg89%
Sodium 1570mg68%
Potassium 631mg18%
Carbohydrates 10g3%
Fiber 2g8%
Sugar 6g7%
Protein 30g60%
Vitamin A 1925IU39%
Vitamin C 9.1mg11%
Calcium 390mg39%
Iron 2.5mg14%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Calories: 544 kcal
Author: Jaclyn
Author: Jaclyn
That's the end of our dialogue on "Ham and Cheese Salad with Homemade Ranch Dressing" and hopefully this dialogue on recipes can insert to our information with regards to making delightful dishes. If you'll find good criticisms and ideas, you should remark in the feedback provided. many thanks.
This informative article from https://www.cookingclassy.com/ham-cheese-salad-homemade-ranch-dressing/